Friday, January 9, 2009

Keep Mark's Dream Alive

"Guys, I've solved our money problems," Mark yelled from his room.

Anthony and I came into Mark's room.

"We're going to win $500 for best tin foil hat," he further explained.

You may recall that Mark was winner of the Weird New Jersey 2006 Halloween Costume Contest for his fortune-telling booth (think "Zoltar" from Big). He plays to win. He also spends an inordinate amount of time on the internet trying to find free stuff or win prizes.

Thus, the TearDrop Memories Tin Foil Hat Contest. Despite my own misgivings, Mark set off immediately to create his new masterpiece.

He started by wrapping tin foil around his head.



Then he sculpted it into the shape of a pterodactyl's head.



Then he pretended to be a dinosaur and attacked Anthony's bald head.



"CAW! CAW!" Mark said.

After a while of pretending, he went back to working on the hat.

His girlfriend called him.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Making a hat."

"What kind of hat?"

"A tin foil hat."

"Why?"

"To win a contest. On the internet."

His girlfriend needed a ride, so Mark headed out the door and left his tin foil hat unfinished.

The next day, I inquired as to the status of the hat.

"Yeah, I'll probably never finish it."

"What?" I was shocked.

"I'll keep procrastinating until it's the day before the contest ends. Unless I get it done this weekend. It's pretty much not going to happen otherwise."

This is where you, Dear Reader, enter the picture. In a show of support, I have created an online petition. By signing it, you will be committing to encourage Mark to shoot for the stars, to achieve his goals and create the greatest tin foil hat in the history of the human race.

We can do it! Let's show him we care!


*EDIT*

Mark has corrected me. His prize-winning Halloween costume was not Zoltar, as I reported, but rather the "mystic seer" from an episode of The Twilight Zone. A picture of his costume can be seen below:

No comments:

Post a Comment