Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mark saves the world

"WHY DO I HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD???"

I awoke to Mark screaming this at the top of his lungs.

At first I was concerned. Somewhat hazily, I wondered whether we had had an intruder or a break-in. I opened my door to see our other roommate (Anthony) in a similar state of confusion, rubbing his eyes having also been woken from an early evening nap.

"Mark, what the hell are you screaming about?" Anthony asked.

"Did I wake you guys up?" Mark replied innocently.

Anthony stared at him crossly. "Did you wake us up? Yes, Mark. You woke us up because you were screaming at the top of your lungs."

Perhaps, I speculated, Mark had had a nightmare? He said no, he had been daydreaming that someone approached him, requiring his expertise in order to save the planet.

"I asked him, 'You're telling me that I have to save the whole planet? Not just all the people. All the plants, all the animals, the tectonic plates and the magma core? Everything? The whole earth?"

"I said, 'Why do I have to save the whole planet? Don't you have some government, some corporation, some superhero to do the job?' and he said, 'No.' So I was like, 'Why do I have to save the world every time? WHY DO I HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD???"

1 comment:

  1. ""Mark, what the hell are you screaming about?" Anthony asked.

    "Did I wake you guys up?" Mark replied innocently.

    Anthony stared at him crossly. "Did you wake us up? Yes, Mark. You woke us up because you were screaming at the top of your lungs.""

    I lol'd like five times.

    ReplyDelete